What's In A Name?
- How long is the name?
- How many channel letters will the name require?
- Will a landlord allow the type of sign you want?
- Is it a business name that will be easy to remember, and more importantly, work easily in a sign design and on other marketing collateral?
- Is it a name that is clear and will not cause confusion about the type of business it represents?
- Does the name fit with the corporate image?
- Are there specific colors that need to be used with the sign design?
- Will the sign name and logo design lend itself to an effective sign layout?
- Will the sign fit in the space that is available for the building in which the business resides?
- Has an adequate budget been developed for the specifically designed sign?
|INDIANA BONES TEMPLE OF GROOM|
Successful Sign Ingredients..
Does It Pay To Have A Humorous Business Name?
|CARL'S PANE IN THE GLASS|
If not, they may have seen that funny vendor name somewhere (Carl's Pane In The Glass) and be compelled to call. Or perhaps they google or pick up a phone book (if anyone still uses phone books) to search for a company. The customer immediately spots the funny business name among a group of other ho-hum and predictable names, and chooses the funny business name. Very often, a customer will be drawn to that humorous name. Why is that?
To Be Funny Or Not To Be...That Is The Question