Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Google Brand

Let's Get Googley

Google Ann Arbor, Michigan


Some of you may remember a blog post that I wrote in September 2015 about Sign ROI  in which I used Google as an example of a company that does branding well. Most, if not all of us have had an opportunity (or 50) to smile at the variety of Google Logo iterations when doing our Google searches online.

Few companies can boast that their logo has universal appeal and memorability, but Google is one of those companies who can make that claim and it's true. Even folks in (do I dare say it), my "empty nester" and beyond age range who may qualify as tech-challenged, can identify the typically brightly colored Google logo online.

In my original post, I wanted to point out how expertly Google has used signage both on the exteriors and interiors of their Google spaces. I did borrow some images that my Google search found for me of their unique Google facilities, since I had never had the opportunity to visit a Google space in person... until this past weekend!

Google "G" Dimensional Letter

#MindBlown..

Google Familia Banner


Can I tell you that I am still trying to wrap my mind around the absolutely coolest work place I have ever had the pleasure to visit!

Fun Google Factoid Sign



It's Halloween Time At Google
As a Native-American/Woman-Owned business, I was invited to be part of a very unique class on Digital Marketing Strategy that Google and the Tuck Center For Digital Strategies developed to assist small minority companies. The majority of the class was held at one of Google's newest facilities in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Google graciously shared their space, their employees (fondly known as Googlers) and their time to host our entrepreneurial class. One of the optional offerings was to take a tour of their facility.

As we toured the various spaces and rooms, it was apparent to all of us that the Googley, fun personality of the brand is displayed wherever one looks. As a sign and graphics manufacturer, I was literally like a kid in a candy store. Wall/Window & Door Wraps; Murals; Colorful Artwork/Graphics; Branded Games in the game rooms; The Google Familia Banner; Dimensional Letters; Informational Signs and more. I was, as they say across the pond, 'Gob-smacked' and still am.


Fun Google Graphics

Taking A Google "Break"

Living The Brand

ADA Gender Inclusive Restroom Sign

Graphic Door Wrap


We work with many businesses of various sizes, though I have never seen a company so completely embrace their brand in such a big, colorful and penetrating way. Even the directory sign (which lists room locations) had the edges customized with the Google primary colors. And though I did not see a plaque, I would bet that this Google location has a strong LEED rating based on the variety of eco materials that were used in it's fabrication. In short, there was no detail missed and the entire facility is a reflection of a company that knows who they are and how to keep their employees happy. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that one cannot take the Google Tour without secretly wishing that they too, could become a Newgler (new Google Employee). But since my digital marketing skill sets are not up to par yet, I will just stick to the signs and graphics manufacturing we do here at Vital Signs.

Interior Directory Sign With Custom Colored Edging


In fact, many of the crazy cool graphic products that I saw at Google, can be designed and produced in our facility right here in Pittsburgh. As I have said in the past, there are very credentialed folks who have done studies and determined that when employees are happy in their work environment, they are more positive and productive. It's true. Think about how many hours we spend in our jobs. Being surrounded by fun, infectious design and big color makes people feel happy, and that translates into productivity!

YES WE CAN!

If you need help to Googlify your space (work or home), the Vital Signs design team is waiting for your call! You can find us here: www.vitalsignspgh.com

(412) 494-3308

A special thank you to Google and TheTuck Business School for helping to expand my knowledge and blow my mind...all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment