Thursday, January 3, 2019
New Year, New Review
Okay, at the risk of repeating myself (or re-posting a previously posted blog post..hint hint..), I am going to address the same topic, with almost the exact same wording I used before. Why, you ask? Because it is a new year and still applies. I will say again that a new year is typically the time when we make personal New Year's Resolutions with the best of intentions. Many of those resolutions are personal ones about the way we look, our size, how we function in our daily lives, etc.
We want to look our best, be healthy and function in a way that is positive and productive. And when you think about your business signs and visual branding, those attributes still apply. It is easy in the day-to-day business operations, to forget about the visual identity of our businesses. For many, signage and branding was a one-time 'must do' and then it hasn't been thought about much since.
If you are not in the annual habit of reviewing your signage and visual branding, you should be. In today's advertising and media driven climate, every business should be maximizing every advertising opportunity at their disposal (within the bounds of your business budget of course). Signage and visual branding is a relatively economical way to get a large return on your investment.
1. Condition: What shape is/are your sign(s) in? Are they in poor condition and in need of repair? Do they have vinyl peeling or appear weathered and worn?
2. Impression: What type of impression does your sign(s) leave with viewers? Does it have instant impact? Is the design attractive or outdated? Is the sign(s) presenting your business at it's best? Does your signage grab a viewer's attention with a bold design? What they say about first impressions is true..even with signage.
3. Functionality: Is your sign bringing you business? Does your signage work for you 24/7?
4. Location: Is your signage placed in the most strategic location(s) of your business? Is there another location that would provide more viewer exposure or an additional location in which you could add more signage?
5. Material: Are you using the best material(s) for your signage? For instance, perhaps you have an old wooden post & panel sign when you could be using a newer, more attractive and eco-friendly sign system. Is your sign(s) lit to advertise your business at night?
Signs are absolutely critical to your bottom line and the healthy operation of your cash flow. Sub-par signs can serve to function like a slow leak of profitability. Of course your signage and visual graphics don't need to be replaced every year, but one should definitely do an annual review to ensure that your business signs and graphics are serving the business in the highest manner possible. Not only that, how else will you find out about the cool, new media and products Vital Signs is serving up. We are always monitoring new products and trends in the visual branding arena and appreciate the opportunity to bring them to our customers.
Do you need assistance in doing your signage review? Vital Signs is happy to help. We would be happy to come to your local location and help assist in the review of your business signage. Just give us a call!